Friday, October 1, 2010

Things I Love

  • Green Smoothies. Good for me, but more importantly, just plain GOOD!

  • Sore muscles after my workout. Jillian Michaels is totally kicking my trash...in a good way.

  • A desperately needed haircut.

  • Looking forward to dinner at Costa Vida. I'm SO excited, and a little upset that I didn't know there was one in Texas until last week!

  • Fall! It's always been my favorite season. Cooler weather, sweaters, college football, the list goes on and on.



_9271570Rweb

Mmm, doesn't it look so good? If you haven't tried green smoothies, you should. I just kind of throw in whatever I have and whatever sounds good. This one has:

Small can of madarin oranges

About a cup of water

A couple handfuls of spinach

1 Ripe banana

Frozen peaches

Frozen mangoes

Milled flax seed

Another thing you can use that is really good is red cabbage, just make sure you blend it really good with the liquid before adding anything else so that the texture isn't weird.

My 2 year old loves these smoothies too and it's a great way to get him to eat some veggies. I just love how pretty they are :)

2 comments:

  1. I add the mandarin oranges because they have a little sugar in the juice so that gives it some extra sweetness and then I make sure my bananas are SUPER ripe so they are really sweet too. But I don't add plain sugar because I don't really think that Cohen needs the extra sugar for breakfast. If you can use really ripe fruit I think it gives it enough sweetness.

    ReplyDelete