Friday, August 19, 2011

The Great Cookie Experiment ~ Coppell Texas Child and Family Photographer

With all this heat I've been spending a lot of time inside avoiding some sessions that I need to do, like taking one year old pictures of my 14 month old! So since I'm avoiding my motherly/photographer related duties and don't have much exciting to post about I thought I would do a fun little experiment. I decided to try baking cookies on the dash of my car.

I had my husband get some refrigerated cookie dough at the grocery store when he went grocery shopping for me last week. I didn't want to do too much work in case they didn't turn out ;)


_DSC2971



Here they are straight from the fridge ready to be put in the car. I waited until late afternoon since that's the hottest part of the day. It was 105 outside at 4:30 when I put them in the car. And really, who wants to turn the oven on and heat up the house just to bake cookies when it's 105 outside? Not me, that's for sure.


_DSC2957





_DSC2963



_DSC2969



I checked them about an hour later. You can't really tell from the picture, but they're just barely to the melty stage and definitely NOT ready.


_DSC2976



Three hours later, at 7:30, I took them out and brought them inside to put on the cooling rack. They look a little flat and weird, but other than that they seemed normal. They were a little soft in the middle still, but these cookies have a caramel center, so I think that was a big part of the reason.


_DSC2978



People kept asking me if I was actually going to eat them...OF COURSE! They may look a little different, but they still taste great. Add a little bit of Blue Bell ice cream and they're perfect. Although I don't know what isn't perfect with Blue Bell.

Mmm, I think Blue Bell ice cream is one of the main things I'm going to miss about living in Texas!

And now I can say I baked cookies on the dash of my car. Am I the only one who does things just so I can later say that I've done it?


_DSC3017


Although, I think next time I want cookies I'll just stick to the oven. Three hours is kind of a long wait for me :)

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I am sort of mad at myself for not doing that while living in STG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome. I am definitely one who does things so I can say that I have done them. Other times I do them in spite of the fact that I might have to admit I have done it. But I love this and reallt hope to see some "one year old" pictures soon ~ translation I hope it cools down soon.

    ReplyDelete