Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things I Love Utah Edition ~ Dallas Fort Worth Child and Family Photographer

Since I did a post a couple months ago all about the things I love about Texas, I figured it's only fair to do a post with all the things I love about Utah. And this record breaking heat wave has definitely made me remember the things I love about Utah. So here it goes:

  • The fact that they're NOT going through a record breaking heat wave right now ;)
  • 4 Seasons - Although I'm not the biggest fan of a super long, super cold winter I really have missed fall. It seems to just last a week here in Texas!
  • The mountains - I have such an easier time knowing which direction I'm going when I just have to look and see where the mountains are.
  • Only 3 freeways - If I lived in Texas for the rest of my life I would NEVER be able to keep all the freeways straight. Seriously, I-635, I-35, 161, 121, 114, 183, US 75, Dallas North Tollway and, I kid you not, 20 more. I don't know how anyone can keep them straight. Give me I-15, I-215 and Legacy Highway any day. That I can handle!
  • Family - This is definitely the best thing about Utah. I especially love being able to see my boys playing with their Grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles. I just wish all of my family lived there :)

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your list and want to add Cafe Rio, and Gardner Village! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Lindsey! I totally forgot about Cafe Rio! I make it a point to go EVERY time we're in Utah. Last year I found out there is a Costa Vida in Colleyville and was super excited, but it just wasn't quite the same :) And I'm a little embarrassed to admit I've never been to Gardner Village!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I agree with most of it two more things I miss. Ok make that three: the smell of the rain (I love it), how it cools down at night no matter how hot it is during the day, and having a place to country swing.

    ReplyDelete